Using Bitmoji in Snapchat
Send bitmojis in Chat and stick them on Snaps by connecting your Bitmoji account:
- Open Snapchat
- Tap the ghost icon at the top of the Camera screen.
- Tap the gear icon to open Settings.
- Tap ‘Bitmoji.’
- Tap the “Link Bitmoji” button.
- If you’re already logged in, you’ll see a screen asking if you want to allow Snapchat to use your current avatar.
Using friendmoji in Snapchat
If you and a friend have both set up Bitmoji in Snapchat, you’ll see “friendmojis” that include both of you when you send them a Chat or reply to their Snap.
Enabling your Bitmoji keyboard
- Go to your iOS Settings
- Tap General → Keyboard → Keyboards
- Tap Add New Keyboard → Bitmoji
- You will be returned to your Keyboard list. From here, tap "Bitmoji"
- Switch "Allow Full Access" from Off to On
How do I change into a new outfit?
From the Bitmoji app, tap the T-shirt icon at the top of the screen to access Bitmoji Fashion and update your look.
If your Bitmoji account is linked to Snapchat, you can also go to Snapchat settings and select between the two options: change your outfit or edit your Bitmoji. Once you choose an option, you’ll be taken to the Bitmoji app where you can make the necessary updates.
How do I find green eyes, balding hair, beards and other avatar options?
If you don't see a color or style option that you're looking for in the Avatar Designer, simply scroll down in that category to see more.
Can I change my eyebrow and beard color?
When editing your avatar, tap the category menu to see the full list of options. Scroll to Eyebrow Color or Beard Color to customize.
Can I reset my avatar or change gender?
Go to Bitmoji Settings and tap Reset Avatar to create a new avatar from scratch.
Why do I need to give "Full Access" permission to use the Bitmoji keyboard?
We ask for Full Access permission so that we can download your custom Bitmoji images from our servers. When you enable Full Access, the message that appears onscreen is a standard pop-up from Apple, required for any keyboard that connects to the internet.
Does the Bitmoji keyboard work in all apps?
The Bitmoji keyboard works in apps that support copy/paste, like iMessage. To share in apps that don't have copy/paste, open the Bitmoji app (rather than the keyboard) and share from there.
How do I send a bitmoji from my keyboard?
- Tap and hold the globe icon in your keyboard and choose "Bitmoji"
- Tap the bitmoji you would like to send – it will automatically be copied to your clipboard
- Tap the message field and then tap "Paste" to paste the bitmoji. You can continue typing within the message, or just hit Send to share your bitmoji!
Why won’t my bitmoji paste?
Not all chat apps support the copy/paste function for images. To share in apps that don’t have copy/paste, open the Bitmoji app (rather than the keyboard) and share from there.
Can I use Bitmoji with any app?
If you’re sharing from the Bitmoji app (rather than the keyboard), you can directly add a bitmoji to a chat by tapping on it and selecting among the apps that appear in the Share menu. If the chat app you want to use isn't on the Share list:
- Save the bitmoji to your device's photo gallery
- Open the chat app you’d like to use
- Insert the bitmoji from the photo gallery, like you would any other photo
Note: If photos aren’t saving to your gallery, go to iOS Settings → Bitmoji → Privacy and turn on Photos access
Can I remove a Theme Pack?
It isn’t currently possible to remove theme packs from your library.
I bought a paid Theme Pack, but don't see it anymore
You can now find bitmojis from the Blingmoji and Foodmoji theme packs in the regular Bitmoji library.
Custom avatar features
Adding wheelchairs and mobility devices is an ongoing technical challenge. We are sensitive to this issue and hope to find a solution in the future.
Unlinking your Snapchat account
If you would like to unlink Bitmoji from your Snapchat account, go to Snapchat settings and select ‘Unlink your Bitmoji.’
Note: If you created your Bitmoji account using Snapchat login, you will need to re-create your avatar if you decide to re-link your accounts.